I'm not going to pretend I'm the best cook in the world. Since becoming an Mum I have been making more of a effort to cook, and I'm actually enjoying it.
Today I thought I'd share with you one of my favourite recipes to date. Cheese and Pickle sausage rolls, I came up with this recipe whilst trying to think of different ways to use up my leftovers from over Christmas. Not only are these super easy to make, they are stupendously moreish too. And will become a firm favouirte with all of the family.
- Butter or oil, for greasing
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Packet of ready-made puff pastry
- 350g sausage meat
- 50g mild Cheddar, chopped into small cubes
- 150g pickle
- 1 egg, beaten
- Seame seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and grease and line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly dusted the surface with flour, before rolling out the pastry sheet and cut in half length ways to make two long strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the sausage meat and cheese
- Making sure your hands are well dusted with flour, place half of the sausage meat on to the strip of pastry making sure you leave an inch of pastry around the edge
- Brush the beaten egg on the edges, roll the pastry over and push together to seal, use a fork to create a decorative pattern
- With the remainder of the beaten egg, egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on to the sausage rolls, then bake for 15 minutes, until golden and sizzling.
- Once cooled enjoy!
So there you have it easy peasy yummy cheese and pickle sausage rolls, bon appetit